so i'm broke and am not traveling anywhere fun for break. im sad that i'm not going with MGC to orlando & puerto rico, but hey, i save a few thousand i dont have and the boy gets his time with his boys. lol. guess i just gotta suck it up and deal with it. i never get him back for spring break anyways =/
so i think im going to spend it doing the following :
1) grad school hunting! hoping for UWash or UCal San Diego, but i of course gotta apply everywhere near jacksonville, norfolk, seattle, hawaii, and san diego!
2) apartment hunting so im not homeless for next year. thanks rutgers.
3) applying for internships
4) GRE GRE GRE GRES!
5) applying for loans so i can afford my rent and tuition
6) doing my taxes
7) study for physio! and the upcoming exams i have ugh
8) oh yeah, and have a social life.
if anyone will be in nyc or nj , hittttt me up (;
currently im sitting in lab, DYING for it to get over and let my fun night begin!
Rania,
ReplyDeleteWhen do you plan on starting your grad school applications? After talking with a friend, I've decided to either take the (old) GRE in July or the (new) GRE in August. I'll also hopefully start my applications in August. Right now, I need to narrow down my programs of interest, prep for the GRE, and then hopefully decide which schools to apply... erm... yea. So tell me what you're doing!!!
OMG- Good luck finding an apartment! I don't want you to be homeless!
Which internships are you looking at for this summer? Email me!!!
Good luck with your taxes, and good luck especially with Physio... Physiological exams SUCK.
The end. Much love!
-Samantha Turpin
Sam (:
ReplyDeleteI plan on starting my applications later this summer, so like August-September. I took the (free) GRE practice offered by Kaplan a few weeks ago (actually it was the day of the PRT) and I'm confused as whether to take the new or old GRE. For now, I want to take it in June, so this way, if I don't do as well, I can retake it later. Kaplan told us that if you want to apply to grad school for Fall 2012 (us) then we can't take the new GRE because the scores won't come in on time. The new GRE test scores won't be available until november, according to them. If I were you, I'd register soon, because the seats in July will probably fill up very quickly.
I'd definitely recommend taking the practice GRE. I learned that I need to work much faster with the math, because its not hard, but I couldn't finish a whole page b/c i ran out of time! and MEMORIZE VOCABULARY, otherwise youre screwed for verbal. besides those two things, its not so bad (: very similar to the SAT.
and haha thank you! its really iffy here, because the apartment complexes that are 'off campus' but still walking distance to a bus stop or something are all in downtown new brunswick, which can be a very sketch area. we had a choice apt, but my guy friend who lived there warned us against it because he was nearly jumped twice and was followed home once. so now were back to square one. we found another really awesome place, but its waaaaaay expensive and they have no 'student friendly' rent options or housing plans. so we have to keep looking! hopefully nothing fills up, omg lol. i do not want to commuteeeeeee!
i looked at one in baltimore at the center of talented youth. i applied, i just hope i get the interview. i'm really really worried i wont get it, because its perfect and i want it, so murphys law states i wont get it, lol.
and haha thanks, i really have no idea what im doing. in both my taxes and physio! i have been zoning out completely in lecture, so i gotta catch up.
<3